Monday, February 18, 2013

Jolly Halloween Owl Mini Book

I was so proud to complete this project. For those who know me Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. Some people may assume that Halloween has to be scary and gory but I beg to differ. For my album I used Graphic 45's Happy Haunting and Maya Road owl shaped chipboard album. I also used Glossy accents, Crackle accents, rhinestones, Prima  and Reflections flowers, Dittos glimmer sprays and Star Dust Stickles.

To achieve the look of feathers on the cover of the album I cut the petals of some Prima flowers and layered them following the pre-embossed design that was on the album cover, for the eyes I layered 3 different sizes of flowers. Once all the flowers and the petals we adhered I sprayed it with a combination of black and purple glimmer spray, once dry I added yellow rhinestones for the eyes. The beak I used a touch of orange paint then filled it in with Glossy accents. I cut out the "Happy Haunting" banner from the paper adhered it with pop dots for dimension and finished off with Stickles.


All the pages have some sort of 3D elements to them. On the top the witch on the left and the stamps on the right are secured with pop dots. Also I used star shaped rhinestones and Stickles.
The pages below have some "popped" elements as well and I also used Crackle accents, purple rhinestones, some leftover Prima flower petals from the cover and Stickles.

 Close up of the popped up element

This witch was no joke to fussy cut but she looks amazing flying over the moon. I love the moon graphic he's just so jolly. On the page below the clock is my favorite, the pumpkin that hangs below it I made it an actual moving pendulum. The particular page that I used features the clock and pumpkin pendulum but I just had to figure out how I could make it a moving part.


 Swing pumpkin pendulum

 Who could be scared of this adorable witch and her little kitty. Halloween should be for the children to celebrate dressing up and going Trick-or-Treating. At least that's how it was for me, we would go door to door and not be afraid. Now a days the kids go to the mall or some other Church or City Park function.
 Close up of the layered flowers the were sprayed with black glimmer.


This is the back page of my mini book. The quotation say " Hallowe'en greeting. Good luck and good cheer. May these be the spirits that haunt you all year... 
Indeed, good luck, good cheer... Happy Haunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment